Summer School & A New Phone

[Mood:] Happy in the Tummy
[Music:]I’ve Seen Enough” by Cold War Kids
[Novel:] Shoe Addicts Anonymous by Beth Harbison

I’ve been exhausted from waking up early in the morning, going to lecture, lab, & work. I’m taking 2 classes so I probably won’t have much of a summer until August. :| I’ll try my hardest to add updates & finish the reviews. :P I always find time to reply to all of your comments (because I care, unlike some site owners) even though it takes me a day or two. I appreciate your comments! :)

After 2 years, my Sidekick 3 started to fail me. In fact, 20 seconds before I entered the T-Mobile store, it restarted all on its own, deleted all of my contacts & texts! :evil: My mom went with me to get a new phone. She had to be present, since the plan is under her name, so that I could buy myself a new phone. :D The phone was on sale & now we get 15% off our phone bill because I’m a college student. :D Stay in school, kids! ;)

Click the image to see more pictures!

I got the Android instead of the new Sidekick because I figured it’s time to grow up. In High School, the Sidekick was the coolest phone ever but I’m not in High School anymore. Besides, the G1 is AMAZING! It has a plethora of features. :lust:

Why not the Blackberry then? I’m not that stuck-up nor trendy enough. :P Just kidding! I don’t mean to offend Blackberry users (besides my brother :P )! :love: It’s more of a “business” phone than the G1 or the iPhone. I’m only 19, there’s no need to act like I’m 30 with an intense schedule. :D

Contests

Vote for the Site of the Month
Vote for the Best Icon
Who Should Win A Free Domain?

Random My Life is Average

Today I had to ask my brother a question. He was in the room next to me. Instead of getting up and asking I sent a facebook message. MLIA

This cracked me up! I love MyLifeIsAverage.com! I do this all the time except through texts or IMs.

31 Comments on “Summer School & A New Phone”

Arlene
12:03 am

My fiance got the G1 its a pretty nice phone. Wish I would have gotten one *kicks self*. I’m always telling him “would you leave your phone  alone” lol. Hope you enjoy it as much as he does.

luusur.tiff
12:42 am

yay for you moving on to a new type of phone. :] i was wondering  when you’d grow out of the sidekick.

Kim
1:03 am

Eeeek I can’t believe I’m taking a summer school course in July D:

New phones are always fun — I didn’t get to start choosing my phone until this past December when I got my LG Voyager.  I always get bummed when newer versions come out relatively soon after my new purchase though.

Ashley
5:57 am

Ha! I have the pink blackberry and LOVE it! I don’t really use it for business, obviously, but it’s got me addicted to facebook and it has internet/aim and email. But I guess these days every phone gets email and aim.  That’s awesome you actually got your phone to last you two years. That’s quality right there. My phones usually cut out after about a year..

Good luck in your classes this summer! Summer classes really suck. What ones are you taking?

Bee
7:34 am

yeah, it took an exhaustingly long time, but it was fun. we didn’t win though :p but at least we got some praise.

a few days after your comment, i heard that the debris and that oil flake wasn’t from the air france flight, so i was thinking “this is real life lost!”. i heard they’ve found bodies now, though, so the hope for survivors is out :( i feel really sorry for those who had loves ones on the plain, now that have so little chance of finding them all. i don’t want my family lost in the ocean.

yes, they do need to calm down. i’ve lost respect for a lot of people lately, after reading some articles, unrequested reviews etc. and found out that all those ‘srs bsns, you gonna get sued for using images’ articles are written by themselves. why can’t people respect that other people are different? :p i feel like this issue is closing up on me on all fronts now, even in RL.

you won’t have any real free time until AUGUST? isn’t that like against the law? O_O

sucks that you lost all your text and contacts! good thing you got an awesome new phone though. it looks sweeet!

April
7:40 am

Ooooh, pretty phone! I remember a few years ago when the Sidekick was really popular I wanted one so bad. But my parents had Verizon, not T Mobile :(

Oh man, my dad does that MLIA thing. Except with texts. =P If I’m like in my room or something he’ll text me and be like “Hang your laundry up” but he trys to be cool and abbreviates everything so it ends up like: Cm hng ur lndry up. Haha.

Desiree
9:24 am

Great new phone! I’m so sick of mine (LG Rumor), it’s so old.

Sharleene
9:50 am

My boyfriend was so obsessed with the sidekick for so long!! They don’t even sell it here in Canaday but he bought one through craigslist and it didn’t even end up working because those kinds of phones just don’t work here.  But now he wants the G1 and it just got released here!! It’s super expensive though!
Schooling during the summer sucks.  I’ve had to do that for a couple of years, didn’t like it. That’s why I would live up August like no tomorrow!!

Meghan
1:22 pm

You’re taking summer classes? Cool. I think they cut all the summer courses at my high school. Well, they cut summer school… So I suppose we can’t take, like, environmental anymore. But I don’t care, because I am done with school for three months. What’s even better is I got out three days early! But I think you’ll have a fun summer anyway, Tiff. :D
Speaking of phones… I desperately need a new one. I’m so tired of mine… it’s really outdated. I’m not exactly sure what the Android is, (I don’t keep up with new phone models), but it sounds cool :D
Have a fun summer Tiff!

Kate
2:14 pm

Omg!Your phone is so awsome.You are so lucky Hehe  Have great sumer

Kate
2:18 pm

Oh yeah xD “Hello Kitty”

Melissa
3:08 pm

Love the new phoneee.  I get a new phone in August!! Can’t wait. Actually I got a text today from Aliant telling me that I was eligible for an upgrade but I’m pretty sure it’s in august.
I love how summer is supposed to be non-stressful. Obviously not the case.
Oh question, Is there a difference between a University and a College around there haha. Because I think what you call College, I call University and around here (that sounds so hick-ish for some reason…around here in this place…oh my haha) what we call College, you can’t get a degree there. It’s like 1-3 year programs. Diplomas and stuff. And at University you get your 4 year degree programs. (although most people I know take longer than 4 years and basically fuck around for 2-3 years and waste lots of money).

Nancy
June 12th
12:44 pm

Aww I’m sorry you have to do work over the summer and wake up early.  Hope you have fun in August and get to sleep!

I’m sorry your phone did that right before you walked into the store! I had T-Mobile a few years ago but they pissed me off so I switched to Verizon and now my phone bill is ten times higher. Haha plethora is my word! heehee. The G1 looks so fancy and hi-tech!  It looks like Apple’s style! I heard it was really good! Hope you have fun with your new phone! Is it touch? Anyways, that’s great that you get 15% off now! If I had that, it would take a lot off! lol I’m with ya, I think that phone is great for a college student, when you’re in high school you just need something nice to show off with but when you’re out of it you don’t need a show off-y phone anymore. I see why you didn’t get the blackberry too. I wanted the storm but I figured since I’m in school with no business type job I shouldn’t waste my money on it. Plus I don’t want cancer from it. haha. But congrats on the new phone! :)

Sage
June 12th
1:39 pm

I have the G1 as well and I have done so many modifications to it. I love it! I had a sidekick and it definitely does not compare to the G1.

Hayley
June 12th
1:51 pm

That’s so exciting you got a new phone! Congrats! I currently have the iPhone, but I’ve always wanted the G1! I’m so jealous lol!
Also good luck with your summer classes!
By the way, I’m in love with your site! The content, layout, and everything is amazing!

Ivy
June 12th
2:23 pm

your phone is nicee!! :) better looking than the iphone forreals! i can’t wait to get a new phone though. maybe when my contract is over, there are tons of better looking and nicer phones than the iphone 3g! :) but t mobile has always failed with me. :\ and verizon too. att ftw. hahas. sorrys!

i think the sidekick is still cool. i used it once and i had no idea where i listen and where i speak. now, thats a fail. hahas. :)

take care<3

Shola
June 12th
8:13 pm

Eeeek new phone. I need one, mine is dying/dead/lost. one of those ones. ;] Your new one does look pretty nice though. I wouldn’t

It’s like you get a free mcflurrywith evry full meal at macdonald’s if ya flash your student card. it does pay to stay in schoool indeed.

And you made a good point about the BNP. :] I like it when people look into something and express their views wells. Is’pose you’re right with the employment, but giving way to outside more porfessional people would drives britian’s public into a more motavated state of mind and self improvemnt, would it not? So when they did apply for the job, they would aim to be the best there.

Nnie
June 13th
2:30 am

Wow, good luck in your summer classes :)  And yay for the new phone.  It looks good.  I don’t want to change my cellphone at the moment.  Well, I don’t get why teenagers are using BlackBerries.  50% of my classmates are using BlackBerries.  They’re just students :(

Bee
June 13th
3:12 am

Yeah, what I meant was that the absolutely first debris wasn’t from the plane (: Like, the day after it disappeared. At least that’s what they said on the news. I know that they’ve found tons of debris after that.

Ohh, good thing your contacts came back, then! That’s what I always think about when I think I’ve lost my phone, that I’ll lose so many contacts that I won’t ever find again.

Jay
June 13th
5:26 am

i’ve had my sidekick slide for almost a year and a half, and im ready for my contract to end! im sick of it randomly shutting down and removing all my memory (like yours did at the store). i’ve become smarted and saved all my contacts to my sim card. it just happened the other day :P

the g1 looks AMAZING! im glad they changed the looks up a bit. when it first came out, it looked a tad bit bulky and dull.

i love the mlia :) that’s me and my sister right there.

Melissa
June 13th
8:17 am

Med school is one of my main possibilities. Pharmacy and Nursing are also options. Nurses just got a huge pay increase here, the union was going to strike but the Goverment cut them a huge deal like two days before they would have started. So that’s a possibility now.
I’m also open to becoming a dietitian as well. But not so much. Or if I got a job with the the department of health (with the government) right out of uni.
I was all about med school for a while *and I’m still about it, just not as much*. But now I’m also thinking of the other parts of my life which I really didn’t think about before, and they would probably suffer a lot if I did go to Medical School. I still haven’t worked it all out.
Guh, getting older sucks. You have to make decisions. I hate it haha.
Are you thinking about Med School? I think you said that once.
Yeah I guess university/colleges are pretty much the same in US and Canada. I always thought they were different for some reason.

Ashley
June 13th
8:33 am

Thanks for the hosting tip! I was actually going to ask you about them and you beat me to it! Yeah I love the battery life of my blackberry, I’m on it all day because it’s obsessive and I still don’t have to charge it every night. But your phone looks kick ass. It’s touch screen right? I’ve kinda wanted a touch screen one lately…

c h l o e
June 13th
10:30 am

that is such a cute phone! hitachi ne? anyway just don’t be too stressed out in summer classes alright? i never liked the sidekick nor the blackberry xD i still prefer japanese/korean phones ahahaha. but im happy you got a new phone, just in time!

Ash
June 13th
4:32 pm

awe i love your site! i love your smilies too!  Having summer is important? And, you won’t enjoy it until August? hun… You won’t enjoy it much because you’ll be back in school shortly after! It’s good that you’re dedicated to your viewers… i’m trying REAL hard to not be “THAT SITE OWNER”.  waaaaaa. I think that’s a good thing that these phone companies give discounts to college students. It’s craziness.  Well, i love the new phone sweetie. Sorry to hear about the crazy sidekick – which is better? your SK or the new phone?

Kim
June 14th
12:59 am

Your new phone is sweeet! I’d love to own that phone. Does everyone over there have phones like that? Lol. Half the people here are still using flip-tops (I remember how cool they used to be), including me. I’ll definitely be staying in school. College students always get specials and stuff. At the movies in the weekends they’re only charging tertiary students half price or something for their movie ticket.
You’re always introducing me to new sites (: I’ll be checking that site out as well now ^

Kim
June 14th
1:09 am

I’ve checked that website out and I like it more than fmylife and texts from last night (: lol.

Georgina
June 14th
3:03 am

Hiiii! I went to your site earlier today and the page opened blank when I tried to comment; maybe you were upgrading or something. Lol.
I hate the index.php actually, I tried to get rid of it, but when I did, the comments stuffed up and went to a 404. Whenever I got rid of index.php. I thought… stuff this crap. Stupid index.php. Ah well, it doesn’t bother me too much. I looked at your permalink tutorial and I didn’t get that thing to copy into .htaccess so I figured it was just something weird. Heh.
Yeah I WOULD have manually moved stuff over but I had about 200 blogs there… and I couldn’t be bothered. Hahaha. Glad you like my new theme though! :D
I’ve never actually heard of a Sidekick… haha us Australians must be… weird or something. In uni we get discounts off… lots of things. I remember we get like 15% discount on Apple software. XD
I kind of wish I had summer school… or well, in this case, holiday classes. I’m so bored at home. :P

Georgina
June 14th
3:49 am

Ohoo, I see. The phone looks not-cool, no offense. XD Looks like a PSP or something. Hahha.
Yeah, I made a comments.php and a single.php and a page.php. I followed Wendy’s tutorial *nods*
Haha I already have a .htaccess file… so it’s really weird. :S  I upgraded WP before beginning anything haha. XD

Kat
June 27th
11:20 pm

lol. i have a blackberry! and god, it’s so handy. i have everything on there. to-do lists, my class schedules, and count-less other memo’s! i don’t know what would happen if it disappeared -__-

but i’m 22. so yeah, the g1 seems more suitable for your age group. besides, i think it looks so much cooler. lol i diggg it. especially in the white! nice choice ;) have fun with it!

Kat
June 27th
11:20 pm

though our age group isn’t that different… i just feel so old right now. lol.

Melissa
July 16th
8:00 pm

Hi y’all. I like this blog. I went to Disneyland too, did you go to magic kingdom? I was there and I got loads of autographs so if you did or are going to then that’s great! Anyway the rest of your site is like wow! Bye!

Write a comment

• Your e-mail address will be used to access your Gravatar but will not be visible.
  • A website is not required.
  • Grammatical/spelling errors will be corrected.
  • All comments will be returned.
  • I will ignore your comment if it is not blog related.

o_O ^^ O_O B) >.< ;) :| :yuck: :wah: :uhh: :sleep: :sick: :rolleyes: :party: :ouch: :nerd: :music: :muah: :mmm: :love: :lazy: :kiss: :inlove: :idea: :hugs: :heh: :happytear: :flip: :evil: :emo: :embarrassed: :drunk: :drool: :depressed: :dead: :cynical: :cute: :cry: :crazy: :confused: :cold: :blush: :blank: :argh: :angel: :P :O :D :) :( -_-